Monday, January 24, 2011

Just enough

Why do we always want more? God shows Us  clearly that he will provide and That  excess will become waste. God gives us an example in the bible In genesis We find  the Israelites Lost  in the desert. God says to them," I will provide you with manna in the morning. Take what you need for the day and leave the rest." The Jews do not do that and they gather more than they need. All the manna that is in excess quickly rots. The reason why I have been thinking about having just enough is because I have realized that although I cannot see 100%, I have just enough vision to get by with.Having limited vision has forced me to depend more on my other senses. I have learned To make better use Of my hearing. I have learned to listen with more intention to what people say.  I thank god fo that gift. Again I think about how god knows what I need. Since I am in training to become a pastoral counselor. it is critical that I learn to listen well. And god has given me this gift of listening. Would I say That I am glad That I've lost a large Part of my vision. No of course not. But will I say god has taught me how to make good from what has been given me. Yes, I will say that. It is the same thing. With the way I use my leg and I left arm. Would I like them to work better? Sure I would but I know that they work well enough. I can move around my house. I can prepare some things for myself, I have learned to adapt to my circumstances. Healing comes as I learn to adapt and I wait to see if the functions of my body return to normal. But for now I can trust in fact that god is with me and somehow I have just enough for my needs.Can we be content with what we have been given? Or must we only struggle to find the excess? It is true I've had a brain injury. The stroke as left my body in a state malfunction. But since I left the hospital every day is a day that I moved closer to healing.

No comments:

Persistence

"Our praying needs to be pressed and pursued with an energy that never tires, a persistency which will not be denied, and a courage tha...